Monday 24 June 2013

Check & Log - Light & Primary Light

Many of the items that I chose tended to be shiny so distinguishing the light was a little tricky at first as its was something I hadn't done for a long time. I found the slight squint technique worked a treat when picking out the tones I wanted to use. I'm not sure if I prefer to focus on light areas or shadow to start with when adding them to my work. Jury is still out!!

I feel that I need to practice my cross hatching a little more on a larger scale image. Although I did discover that if I persevere and not abandon it too quickly it does tend to work itself out. I started to get a little frustrated to start with when it didn't go quite right.

I do feel that i'm becoming more confident drawing basic shapes and stronger outlines. More work needed though on ellipses. The square/ rectangles I feel are ok.



No comments:

Post a Comment